Gartner positions Vectra as the only Visionary in the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Vectra today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Visionaries quadrant in its 2018 Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems. The report provides a detailed overview of the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) market, and evaluates vendors based on completeness of vision and ability to execute.
The Cognito platform from Vectra enables enterprises to detect and respond to cyberattacks in real time. Cognito uses artificial intelligence (AI) to perform non-stop, automated threat hunting with always-learning behavioral models to quickly and efficiently find hidden and unknown attackers before they do damage. Cognito provides full visibility into cyberattacker behaviors from cloud and data center workloads to user and internet-of-things devices, ensuring attackers have nowhere to hide.
“To us, our positioning in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems is validation of our mission to enable customers to use AI to detect and respond to cyberattacks in real time,” said Hitesh Sheth, president and CEO of Vectra. “Cognito is a revolutionary AI platform that is transforming cybersecurity and dramatically improving enterprise security operations.”
Over the past 12 months, major enhancements and drivers to the Vectra business have included:
- Grew CY2017 revenue by 181% over CY2016.
- Announced the ability for its customers to integrate threat intelligence and indicator-of-compromise (IoC) feeds into its Cognito platform to further improve their threat detection coverage.
- Introduced Attack Campaigns to further automate threat hunting by exposing the relationships between threat detections on separate workloads and devices to understand the activity and scope of attack campaigns.
- Announced the integration of network-based cyberattack detection with Carbon BlackCb Response to detect and isolate active threats in enterprise networks with unprecedented speed and precision.
- Issued five U.S. patents, numbers 9237164, 9407647, 9565208, 9602533 and 9628512, for advanced cybersecurity analytics capabilities automated by AI. These patents demonstrate the effectiveness of security research and data science collaborating to enhance visibility into attacker behavior.
- Announced a collaboration with VMware to leverage the capabilities of VMware NSX to accelerate the detection and mitigation of hidden cyberattackers in virtualized data centers, allowing for the mitigation of advanced threats close to the source in order to minimize potential damage.
Please click here for more information about this announcement and to download a complimentary copy of the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems. For more information about Vectra and Cognito, visit vectra.ai.
 Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Craig Lawson, Claudio Neiva, January 10, 2018.
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org